McDonald’s diners flee as loud ‘bang’ heard amid huge brawl involving 100 people
Shocking video has emerged showing McDonald's customers fleeing after hearing a loud bang during a mass brawl inside the fast food restaurant.
The chaos unfolded at the Piccadilly Gardens branch in Manchester on Friday evening (January 14) as a large group of teenagers started fighting inside the premises.
In videos shared online, some youngsters are dragged onto the floor while others are pushing people in front of the ordering counter.
Some people were cheering as they gather around the brawl, which many described as "something out of a Hollywood film".
Greater Manchester Police were called to the scene shortly after 5pm to separate the groups, according to the Manchester Evening News.
Witnesses reported hearing a loud "bang" before frightened customers ran out of the restaurant.
A spokesperson for Greater Manchester Police said there was no evidence to suggest gunshots had been fired but some police equipment, was "damaged beyond repair".
The group left the restaurant and moved onto a nearby bus shelter where some people were seen banging on the glass and screaming at each other from either side.
Officers attended to the second location to break up the disturbance before the majority of the crowd fled towards the Northern Quarter.
A dispersal order was put in place until Sunday evening around Piccadilly Gardens.
A spokesperson for Greater Manchester Police said: "Police were called to Piccadilly Gardens at 5pm last night, Friday, to reports of a disturbance, involving a large number of young people.
"Officers attended, and found that a group of around 100 young people, mostly school children, were involved in fighting.
"During the incident, a number of missiles were thrown at officers, and some police equipment has been damaged beyond repair.
"A 16-year-old was arrested on suspicion of affray and has been released under investigation."
Superintendent Critchley noted that a number of people in the crowd were wearing school uniform at the time.
He added: "I acknowledge that a lot of those involved last night are young, and may have been easily swept up in what was happening, however due to the disruption caused, we will be working to identify all those involved using CCTV as well as officer's body worn footage, and hold them accountable."
Source: Read Full Article