Jaipur-Mumbai shooting – Cop shoots four dead on train in mystery rampage after ‘losing his temper’ | The Sun

A TRANSPORT cop opened fire on a train in India today killing four, including three passengers and his superior.

The train was traveling to Mumbai from Jaipur when the accused, Constable Chetan Kumar, started shooting at 5.30am this morning after allegedly losing "his temper".

The suspect was arrested as he tried to flee the scene, the Railway Protection Force (RPF) said.

Constable Chetan Kumar was on escort duty onboard the Jaipur-Mumbai Express Train along with two other colleagues when he began his rampage.

RPF staff are tasked with the protection of railway passengers and their property in India.

Inspector General of RPF Praveen Sinha told reporters: "He had a short fuse, he was quite hot-headed. There was no altercation.

read more on india

Inside Rita Ora & husband’s trip to India as they visit the Taj Mahal

Hindu verse recited by Cillian Murphy in Oppenheimer sex scene sparks fury

"He just lost his temper and shot his senior, then fired at whoever he saw."

The accused first opened fire on his senior officer and a father-of two, Tikaram Meena.

Constable Kumar then allegedly moved into a carriage, held people at gunpoint and then shot dead three passengers using his automatic weapon.

He then tried to pull the emergency chain to stop the train and attempted to escape.

Most read in The Sun


Hannah Spearritt claims she was left out of S Club's reunion tour


Ashley Cole marries model fiancée Sharon Canu in lavish Italian wedding


Girl, 5, raped and strangled to death before police find body dumped inside sack


Vic Beckham stuns in bikini on £5m yacht after Harry & Meghan 'fallout'

He was apprehended soon after in the outskirts of Mumbai, Western Railway officials said.

The RPF said in a statement: "At about 6:18, the train reached Borivali and four dead bodies were retrieved by GRP and RPF officers and staff.

"The passengers are yet to be identified. Constable Chetan has been detained, and his arm recovered."

The investigation is ongoing and police are focused on establishing his motive.

Cops said that he had complained of restlessness and was asked to rest prior to the shooting.

Victim Tikaram Meena was due to retire in two years and is survived by his wife and two grownup children.

Source: Read Full Article