Horror as man choked to death on his roast dinner at café near his home as wife desperately tried to save him | The Sun

A MAN died after choking to on his roast dinner, an inquest has heard.

Grenville Bosworth, 79, died while eating lunch with his wife and sister-in-law in a cafe near his home in Leicestershire on February 19.

The pensioner, who had Parkinson's Disease, was attended by emergency services, with paramedics delivering CPR for 30 minutes before pronouncing him dead.

His wife Hazel told the inquest that she had removed potential choke hazards from Grenville's plate of roast beef and hit him on his back after he initially struggled to swallow.

Grenville later tensed up before slumping forward as he struggled for breath.

The Cattows Farm cafe told LeicestershireLive: "We were very saddened by the incident. Grenville lived in the village all his married life and was well known to us as a regular customer.

Read More UK News

Our once thriving shopping centre is now a ghost town…it used to be packed

Exact dates schools going on strike as millions of kids forced to stay home

"We were able to deploy our defibrillator, which is a great piece of kit to have although you hope never to have to use it.

"All of our staff are trained to use it but on the day one of our customers was a nurse paramedic so we left this to the medical professionals although sadly it didn't help on this occasion.

"We'd like to express our sympathies to his family and friends, and our gratitude to our customers who assisted him while there having their Sunday lunch.

"We're also grateful to the ambulance crews who attended so swiftly."

Most read in The Sun

Cops fear missing baby is at 'high risk' and they may have left it out in open

Broadchurch star Andrew Buchan walks out on wife after falling for co-star

Heartbroken I'm A Celebrity star reveals sudden death of husband

Bargain high street chain closing shops – full list of locations affected

Source: Read Full Article