Woman fighting for life after 'two cardiac arrests and three seizures' when her 'drink spiked' at bar on night out
A CLUBBER was left fighting for her life after she suffered "two cardiac arrests and three seizures" when her "drink got spiked" on a night out.
The "emotionally scarred" young woman said she "basically died twice" and had to be brought back to life by quick-thinking paramedics and bar staff.
The victim, Nicole, said she remembered "absolutely nothing" from the moment the date rape drug kicked in, which she suspects was Rohypnol.
Once she stopped breathing, before the ambulance had arrived on Saturday night, the door team rushed to perform CPR, "they literally saved my life," she said in an Instagram post.
"If they didn't perform CPR before the ambulance got there, I wouldn't be here."
But even with paramedics on the scene, her condition "rapidly deteriorated" and she was given advanced life support outside the bar, Henman & Cooper in Birmingham.
Still recovering in hospital she said: "I've been on different on drips all day and had many tests, scans, x-rays.
"I'm emotionally scarred by the situation, someone went out of their way to actually drug me and it upsets me that someone targeted me.
"The last thing my mum heard was that paramedics were trying to bring me back to life – it breaks my heart that my mum had to go through this.
"I can honestly say this was the worst experience of my life, I'm so lucky to still be here, I could have lost my life due to some p**** wanting to spike my drink."
A spokeswoman for West Midlands Ambulance Service said: "We were called at 9.31pm on Saturday to a medical emergency on Colmore Row, Birmingham. We sent two ambulances to the scene.
"On arrival crews found a woman in a critical condition. During initial treatment, her condition rapidly deteriorated and crews quickly commenced advanced life support on scene.
"Once stabilised she was conveyed by land ambulance on blue lights to City Hospital for further emergency treatment.”
A statement from Henman & Cooper said: "We would like to address an incident which took place at Henman & Cooper over the weekend.
"Firstly we would like to say that we are taking the incident very seriously, we are shocked that this type of incident has happened on our premises.
"It was a horrendous experience for all involved, we wish Nicole a rapid and full recovery.
"We'd like to thank our team who showed great strength and their experience saved Nicole's life, luckily one of our door team is a trainee paramedic which was a crucial part of this positive outcome on this occasion.
"We're working with Nicole and professionals to investigate and address the incident, we've spoken with police and licensing who'll be assisting us with our investigation."
Source: Read Full Article