Tragedy as toddler, 1, dies after being found unresponsive in paddling pool

The Daily Star’s FREE newsletter is spectacular! Sign up today for the best stories straight to your inbox

A toddler has tragically died after being found in a paddling pool.

Emergency services were called to a home in Derbyshire on Wednesday afternoon following reports that a 23-month-old boy had been found unresponsive.

Both East Midlands Ambulance Service crews and the Air Ambulance attended the scene in Nottingham Road, Somercotes.

According to Derbyshire Live, the boy was rushed to Royal Derby Hospital where he was pronounced dead, despite the best efforts of medics.

Police are now investigating what has happened on behalf of the coroner's office.

A spokesperson for Derbyshire police said: "Officers were called to reports that a 23-month-old boy had been found unresponsive in a paddling pool in Nottingham Road, Somercotes at around 1.30pm on 2 June.

"The boy was taken to the Royal Derby Hospital, however, despite the best efforts of staff he sadly passed away.

"Our thoughts are with his family at this most difficult of times.

"Officers are continuing their enquiries into the circumstances around the incident on behalf of the Coroner."

Get latest news headlines delivered free

Want all the latest shocking news and views from all over the world straight into your inbox?

We've got the best royal scoops, crime dramas and breaking stories – all delivered in that Daily Star style you love.

Our great newsletters will give you all you need to know, from hard news to that bit of glamour you need every day. They'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.

You can sign up here – you won't regret it…

A spokesperson for East Midlands Ambulance Service confirmed it was called to the incident.

“We received a call at 1.23pm on June 2 to a commercial address in Somercotes," he said.

"The caller reported a medical emergency. We sent two paramedics in fast response cars and a double-crewed ambulance. The air ambulance was also in attendance.

"One patient was taken to Royal Derby Hospital via double-crewed ambulance."

  • Hospital
  • Police

Source: Read Full Article