Tesco milkshake that ‘tastes like bleach’ leaves girl ‘struggling to to breathe’

The Daily Star’s FREE newsletter is spectacular! Sign up today for the best stories straight to your inbox

A family have spoken of their distress after their daughter fell ill after drinking a Tesco supermarket milkshake which “tasted like bleach.”

Asda Rezhai bought four Banana flavoured milkshakes for his family at the Tesco superstore in Roborough, Plymouth.

He gave one to his 10-year-old daughter Layla who began drinking the treat but stopped and ran to the kitchen.

According to Asad and his wife Katie, Layla was “coughing and crying” and “throwing up constantly” and told her parents it “tasted slimy.”

Katie and Asda then took a sip of the banana milkshake to check what their daughter said and claim they were both sick as it “tasted like chemicals.”

Asad told PlymouthLive: “My daughter has no allergies and no issues, she's a very healthy girl and loves her food. I often buy it, but usually in the big bottles.

"I bought four different flavours, chocolate, strawberry, banana, vanilla, I gave the banana one to my daughter Layla.

“She was coughing and throwing up constantly, she tried to get rid of as much of the drink she had swallowed as she could.”

She added: “For some reason, as soon as she tasted it, she straight away ran for the kitchen.

"She was coughing and throwing up constantly. She was crying, she couldn't even breathe.

"She was panicked, we tried to calm her down and got her to drink some water. She said the drink tasted slimy. She was sick again another four to five times."

  • Mysterious disease 'caused by excessive bleach and chlorine used in Covid sanitisation'

Asad said he then drove back to the Tesco to immediately speak to a manager who took the bottle off of him and said she would send it to be tested.

He is now urging parents to be vigilant when giving their children anything to eat or drink, even if it is a bottled or sealed item.

Layla’s dad said: “Parents need to check things first. What would happen if it was a child who couldn't speak or an elderly person drank the unsafe drink?”

A spokesperson for Tesco said: "We are extremely sorry to hear about this. We have very high standards for the food we put on our shelves and we have asked our supplier to investigate this immediately.

"We have apologised to the customer directly."

Daily Star Online has approached Tesco for comment.

  • In the News
  • Tesco

Source: Read Full Article