Russian troops blown up with own weapon after abandoning missiles
‘Now the f**kwits will be destroyed’: Fleeing Russian troops are blown up with their own weapon after abandoning anti-tank missiles as they try to escape Ukrainian forces
- The deadly Kornet anti-tank guided missiles was abandoned by Moscow forces
- A smoke trail is seen as the missile is firing toward the escaping Russian troops
This is the moment fleeing Russian troops were blown up with their own weapon as they tried to escape from the Ukraine frontline.
The battlefield video evidently films the strike by Ukrainians using one of the deadly weapons abandoned by Vladimir Putin’s deserting soldiers.
A smoke trail is seen as the missile is fired at the escaping troops, followed by a giant explosion which appears to take out all but three of Putin’s men.
While the location of the strike is unknown, it is thought that the Russian forces were hit by one of their own Kornet man-portable anti-tank guided missiles which had been left behind and then seized and deployed by Kyiv’s forces.
It comes as reports continue to surface over Russians ceding hard-won ground and fleeing their positions in the fiercely contested bloody battleground of Bakhmut.
A smoke trail is seen, thought to be one of Russia’s own Kornet man-portable anti-tank guided missiles, as it fires at the escaping troops
This is the moment fleeing Russian troops were blown up with their own weapon as they tried to escape from the Ukraine frontline
One of Russia’s own Kornet man-portable anti-tank guided missiles is seen being deployed
Pro-Kremlin Ukrainian blogger and politician Anatoly Shariy posted the footage to his one million plus Telegram subscribers, declaring: ‘This is what happens when the Russian army runs away, leaving Kornets behind.’
Voices on the footage are heard saying there was ‘a huge crowd’ of Russians fleeing over an open field.
A dozen or so men are then seen in the short clip running back towards Russian lines.
Their own Kornet man-portable anti-tank guided missile is then seen rocketing towards them.
‘F***ing hell,’ said one of the voices.
Another asked: ‘What was used to fire into them?’
‘It was a Kornet – now the f***wits will be destroyed.’
‘F*** he’s got them!’
‘Three are running away, the rest are gone.’
‘Only three survived out of 12.’
A report said that Ukrainian Stuhna-P anti-tank missile operators had seized the Russian Kornet and used it against the fleeing troops.
There was no immediate official comment on the Ukrainian footage.
The giant explosion is thought to take out all but three of Putin’s men in the unknown location
Smoke rises after an explosion where a missile is fired at the escaping troops which appears to take out all but three of them
The rather baffling footage comes amid continued reports of Russian forces abandoning their frontlines.
Wagner mercenary group boss Yevgeny Prigozhin, – who has repeatedly accused Moscow’s regular armed forces of failing to adequately support his men – backed up the claims on Tuesday, saying a Russian brigade had abandoned its positions.
‘Our army is fleeing. The 72nd Brigade p**sed away three square km this morning, where I had lost around 500 men,’ Prigozhin said.
In a statement, Ukraine’s Third Separate Assault Brigade said: ‘It’s official. Prigozhin’s report about the flight of Russia’s 72nd Independent Motorized Rifle Brigade from near Bakhmut and the ‘500 corpses’ of Russians left behind is true.’
Ukraine’s eastern military command said the Russian brigade had been heavily damaged, although it said Russia was still trying to capture the rest of the city.
‘Unfortunately they have not destroyed the whole (Russian) brigade yet,’ Serhiy Cherevatyi, spokesperson for the eastern military command, said in televised comments.
‘The situation (in Bakhmut) remains difficult because for the enemy, despite all the white noise Prigozhin is trying to create, it (Bakhmut) is (still) the main direction of attack,’ he said.
Yevgeny Prigozhin, founder of Wagner private mercenary army, rages about the recent losses of Russian soldiers in Bakhmut
Mercenary chief ranks at the Russian military leadership as reports continue over Russian forces abandoning their frontlines
Smoke erupts following a shell explosion, amid Russia’s attack on Ukraine continues in Bakhmut, Donetsk region, May 7, 2023
Ukrainian soldiers fire a cannon near Bakhmut, an eastern city where fierce battles against Russian forces have been taking place, in the Donetsk region, May 3, 2023
Early on Wednesday the Third Separate Assault Brigade, which was formed last year from the nationalist Azov Battalion, reposted a video of one of Azov’s founders, Andriy Biletsky, who said his forces had ‘defeated’ the Russian brigade.
‘The attacks were implemented within a territory 3 km wide and 2.6 km deep, and this entire territory is completely liberated from the Russian occupying forces,’ he said.
Since last week, Prigozhin has repeatedly threatened to pull Wagner out of Bakhmut unless Russia’s regular armed forces send more ammunition. In his latest remarks on Wednesday he said his troops were receiving only 10% of the shells they needed.
As well as clashing repeatedly with Russia’s defence ministry, Prigozhin has also expressed concerns about a long-promised Ukrainian counter-offensive to recapture some of the territory that Russia occupied after the 2022 invasion.
Source: Read Full Article