Former S4C boss Sian Doyle is rushed to hospital
BREAKING NEWS BREAKING – Former S4C boss Sian Doyle is rushed to hospital after ‘taking an overdose’
Former S4C boss Sian Doyle is rushed to hospital after ‘taking an overdose’.
In a statement, her husband said he found Ms Doyle unresponsive on Thursday morning.
Her husband Rob said: ‘This morning my wife, Sian Doyle, was rushed to hospital. She had taken an overdose during the night and was unresponsive when I tried to wake her.’
The former TV boss was the centre of a report released by the S4C board on Wednesday, which included evidence it had taken from people at S4C who had been highly critical of her leadership.
In a statement sent to Newyddion S4C on Thursday through a London-based PR company, Mr Doyle said: ”The last 24 hours have seen my wife torn apart in the media after an exceptional 30-year international career because of a one-sided report, commissioned and directed by S4C’s chairman.’
Two lawyers at Capital Law spoke to 92 people who gave evidence about the atmosphere and working environment at S4C, with the BECTU union claiming the 56-year-old created a ‘culture of fear’ when she was chief executive of the broadcaster.
Ms Doyle has said she did not ‘recognise or accept’ the allegations made in the report after it was published.
Mr Doyle described the report as amounting to ‘an assassination of her character’ and as the ‘last straw’ which led to his wife being ‘torn apart in the media after an exceptional 30-year international career’.
Hi statement read: ‘Sian was so proud to have been asked to come out of retirement to lead an organisation that, as a young girl, she campaigned to set up.
‘But that pride turned into frustration, and then to disappointment, fear, and finally despair.
‘Sian has spoken about the chairman’s role in this, but S4C’s board are also culpable; their complete lack of duty of care for Sian, and their lack of oversight or challenge of the chairman, must be answered for.’
Source: Read Full Article