Canada stabbing suspect Myles Sanderson captured after 10 stabbed to death
Don’t miss a thing! Sign up to the Daily Star’s newsletter
We have more newsletters
Police officials have confirmed that they’ve found and brought in Myles Sanderson after a long four day man-hunt.
The hunt for Myles comes following the stabbing attack on Sunday that left 10 people dead and 18 others injured in Saskatchewan, Canada.
Myles was captured and taken into police custody on Wednesday, according to a tweet from the Saskatchewan Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
READ MORE:Horror moment Brit tourist stabbed over and over while fighting off 4 robbers
Half-an-hour earlier an emergency warning was issued by police over a person with a knife travelling in a vehicle who was last seen in Wakaw, about 50 miles northeast of Saskatoon.
An alert by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police has since said."There is no longer a risk to public safety relating to this investigation,"
Myles now faces multiple charges, including first-degree murder.
His brother Damien, 31, was found dead by police on Monday at the James Smith Cree Nation, a close-knit indigenous community in central Saskatchewan.
Investigators believe some of the victims were "targeted" while others were "attacked randomly," RCMP Commanding Officer Assistant Commissioner Rhonda Blackmore said earlier this week.
The Saskatchewan RCMP got its first call about a stabbing on Sunday.
Within minutes, police received several more calls from multiple locations. In total, victims were found at 13 different locations across the populated reserve and in the town, according to Blackmore.
The horrific attacks were among the deadliest in Canada's modern history with victims including a mother of two, a 77-year-old widower, a first responder and a 14-year-old boy.
At an emotional news conference on Wednesday, relatives of the victims spoke of the "horror" of the attack that has stunned the country.
"We are broken, but we're not defeated," said Mark Arcand, chief of the Saskatoon Tribal Council.
Parole documents show Myles has a decades-long criminal record, including 59 criminal convictions since he was 18, including assault, threats, and robbery.
Police earlier confirmed they've been searching for Myles Sanderson since May, when he stopped meeting with his assigned caseworker and was classified as "unlawfully at large."
Girlfriend of rapper stabbed to death at Notting Hill Carnival shares pic of baby bump
Tyson Fury’s cousin arrives at funeral by horse-drawn carriage days after fatal stabbing
Mum-of-four 'chopped partner's penis off' before 'killing him and his pal'
- Breaking News
Source: Read Full Article