10 things you need to know before the opening bell
Johannes Eisele/Getty Images
Welcome to 10 Things Before the Opening Bell. Sign up here to get the day's top stock and crypto news in your inbox every morning.
Sign up for Insider Investing for your weekly markets analysis.
Mark your calendar: Join us Tuesday, June 8 at 12 p.m. ET for "The Future of Finance: Disrupting the Ordinary," a free virtual event presented by Grayscale that breaks down the digital transformation in banking, cryptocurrency and investing. Register here.
Here's what you need to know before markets open.
1. Global shares eye upbeat end to week as investors look for strong US jobs data, while cryptocurrencies struggle. US futures were mixed but cryptocurrencies fell across the board.
2. Billionaire investor Bill Ackman unveils his plans to spend up to $14 billion on deals – and confirms his mega SPAC is seeking to buy 10% of Universal Music for $4 billion. The superstar investor unveiled some major plans on Friday.
3. Friday's US jobs report could trigger 'explosive' volatility in markets after a dull week, analysts say. Here's why they're bracing for some big price swings.
4. Bitcoin slides 5% after Elon Musk hints at a potential split with the popular cryptocurrency in a tweet with a broken-heart emoji. Musk's tweet was a blow to bitcoin, which was starting to recover from a crash in May.
5. A stock analyst says Mudrick Capital's AMC purchase and quick sale shows Wall Street insiders are 'preying of the naivete' of meme-stock traders. AMC has been on a wild ride this week, but analysts worry people could get burned.
6. Earnings expected. It's all quiet on the major earnings front, but Citrix and Garmin hold AGMs.
7. On the data docket. Investors will be focused on US nonfarm payrolls figures for signals about the recovery.
8. The CEO of one of the largest crypto wealth managers shares his tricks for playing the DeFi market. David Siemer also lays out 3 tokens with surging revenue streams.
9. The director of wealth management at a $12 billion firm shares 3 stocks set to thrive when corporate taxes rise. Helen Dietz notes that all of them have at least 15% upside from current levels.
10. Hedge funds' biggest names – from Dalio to Cohen to Englander – are embracing crypto. Here's where the most influential managers stand.
Source: Read Full Article