10 things you need to know before the opening bell
Drew Angerer/Getty Images
Welcome to 10 Things Before the Opening Bell. Sign up here to get this email in your inbox every morning.
Sign up for Insider Investing for your weekly markets analysis.
1. Global stocks climb as investors cheer huge Apple and Facebook earnings. See what markets are doing today.
2. Facebook gains 7% after smashing Q1 expectations. Quarterly revenue rose 48% to $26.17 billion, driven by businesses spending more on ads.
3. Indian food-delivery startup Zomato files for a $1.1 billion IPO. The company’s listing could be India’s biggest this year amidst a crippling pandemic.
4. A new uptrend in bitcoin is likely underway. After a textbook 20% sell-off, bitcoin has found support near the $47,000 level, Fundstrat’s Tom Lee said.
5. Gary Shilling predicts stocks and cryptocurrencies will crash. These are the 10 best quotes from the veteran forecaster who blamed stimulus measures for ballooning asset prices in a recent interview.
6. Earnings expected. Amazon, Twitter, Samsung, MasterCard, McDonald’s, Merck, and Royal Caribbean Cruises are highlights.
7. On the data docket. US jobless claims, US annualized GDP, and New York Fed President John Williams’ speech are due.
8. Garvin Jabusch and Jeremy Deems returned 141% to investors over the last year by betting on innovation. They share 5 stocks they’re bullish on for the long-term – including one they see surging at least 300%.
9. William Green has interviewed some of the biggest investment titans in the world. He shares the 3 key lessons he’s learned from Charlie Munger, Sir John Templeton, and Mohnish Pabrai to become richer, wiser and happier.
10. Jefferies shares 4 market sectors that are set to soar as prices and interest rates rise. The firm also explains why each one is worth being exposed to.
Source: Read Full Article